|Employee Classification||Night Shift – Full time|
The machine operator is responsible for completing all operations in compliance with job specifications and company quality standards. Perform daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on equipment to ensure optimum output. Works closely with other staff members to finish projects and achieve daily production goals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
As a machine operator and a member of the Production Team the accountabilities are as followed:
- Read and understand the job ticket and other specifications of an assigned job and communicate these job requirements and potential problems to finishing to Production Managers and Bindery helper staff involved in the process.
- Set up gauges and mechanisms to detect doubles.
- Analyze and decide the best method of stitching a variety of jobs.
- Perform and process related troubleshooting and correction.
- Monitor quality, output and productivity of each job
- Consult and obtain approval from Manager prior to running project as required.
- Understand customer packaging specifications and communicate them to the Bindery Helper who puts the finished material on the skids. Ensure skids are packed as per instructions.
- Run client copies; pull and save samples.
- Understand and enforce safety procedures regarding the operation and maintenance of the equipment and follow the Company safety policies.
- File production material and complete production records (job tickets, etc.)
- Operates other finishing equipment as required based on experience and production needs.
- Log completed work and hours using the Hagen System properly each shift.
- Clean and maintain equipment and the work area during the shift or following maintenance of equipment.
- Inform supervisor or manager of any equipment or supply issues.
- Feed product into the machine and perform visual inspection for defects. Run samples to ensure the product is straight and any image area is lined up properly
General and Administration
- Coordinate with Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs and, when necessary, reorganize work to meet deadlines changes and updates
- Communicate effectively with the Production Managers, the Bindery Supervisor, and the production team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that production objectives and client objectives are met.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined by the Company.
- Comply with policies and safety procedures including all OSHA safety requirements.
- High school diploma or vocational/technical certificate.
- Previous experience operating machines.
- Working knowledge of set up, adjustment, procedures, capabilities and limitations of equipment used to stitch printed material to complete finished products.
- Able to perform basic math (decimals, metric units) and the ability to read and interpret written work orders.
- Mechanical background and skill making adjustments to powered machines using hand tools.
- Exceptional dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Able to consistently follow instructions to ensure the task is done to job specifications.
- Able to reason and identify issues, troubleshoot problems and ask appropriate questions to make sure the job is dimensionally accurate according to specifications.
- Reliable attendance, punctuality and able to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent focus and attention to detail.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your leader
How to Apply:
If you are interesting in applying please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org